Add a Microsoft account to your phone
If you didn’t sign in to your Microsoft account during the first start-up, you can add the account
to your phone later and get your data and settings easily on all your devices.
1. On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL SETTINGS > email
+accounts > add an account.
2. Tap Microsoft account.
3. Sign in with your existing Microsoft account username and password.
4. Select how you want to get your one-time verification code.
5. When asked, type in the last 4 digits of your phone number or your email address.
6. When you receive the code, type it in.
Your data and settings are synced to your phone.
Tip: If your previous phone was a Windows Phone and you have backed up your content
to your Microsoft account, restore the backup and get your stuff easily on your new